Our tradition began in 1965 when Gordon B. Garrett purchased the E.A.
Peterson Funeral Home. A 1953 graduate of the Pennsylvania Institute of
Mortuary Science, Mr. Garrett finished his two-year internship with the
George Cunningham Funeral Home of West Middlesex, PA before relocating to
Titusville in the winter of 1956. He was employed by Mr. Peterson until
the latter’s death at which time he and his wife Marcia purchased the business.
For over forty years, the Garrett Funeral Home has treated its clients
with care and respect, and in turn has been honored by several professional
organizations. In 1968, the business was honored by an invitation to join
the National Selected Morticians Association, the members of which are held
to the highest professional standards. We continue to be members of NSM
(now called Selected Independent Funeral Homes),
the National Funeral Directors Association, the
Pennsylvania Funeral Directors Association,
and the Titusville Chamber of Commerce.
Our current staff continues to uphold the quality practices and care with
which we were founded. Owner and President Todd C. Garrett, son of Gordon
Garrett, has been employed by the funeral home since his graduation from
the Pennsylvania Institute of Mortuary Science in 1990. Fellow funeral
director Jayce E. Pertz is entering his thirtieth year at the funeral home.
Our staff is complimented by assistant Mark Hopwood and office manager Leigh